Friday, January 9, 2009

Temptation, Prayer, Evil & Sin

"'Yes, I suffer Diabolonians to dwell in your walls, O Mansoul; it is to keep thee watchful, to try thy love,' Emmanuel was saying as Prywell entered the market square. He found himself a place at the edge of the crowd and listened. It was as though Emmanuel had read his thoughts-as if a conversation that had begun in his study was continuing in the market square.
'It is to cause you to prize my noble captains and their soldiers. It is to cause you to prize my mercy. And it is also that you be made to remember the deplorable condition you once were in," Emmanuel went on. "O my Mansoul, should I slay all them within, many there be without that would bring you into bondage. Were all those within cut off, those without would find you sleeping. Then, as in a moment, they would swallow up my Mansoul. Therefore I left them within your walls not to do you hurt but to do you good, the which they must, if you watch and fight against them. Know therefore that whatever they shall tempt you to, my design is that they should drive you, not farther off, but nearer to my father, to teach you war, to make petitioning desirable to you."

-Ethel Barrett, War For Man's Soul, Pg.193

No comments: