Thursday, March 20, 2008

Knowledge of God

O pray for me that I may have a right temper of mind towards the ever blessed God!

That knowledge of God that does not produce a love to him and a desire to be like him is not a true knowledge.

God has enabled me to trust in him and rely upon him-and tis my comfort and joy that he will be glorified what ever becomes of me.

I think God has been Near to me this eve- O how good tis to get near the Lord! I long to live near him always- nor is it living unless I do…

O that the Lord would be near to me this day and give me some sense of his glory and beauty as he is revealed in the gospel of his dear Son! I feel as dead as a stone – I have no zeal for God or his service

- Jonathan Edwards, Quoted in Ian Murray's Jonathan Edwards: A New Biography, 348.

No comments: